Saturday, February 6, 2016

February Training Update: Albany & Parkersburg

Parents--

1--Training Updates--

The kids have been hard at work since the New Year, and I--Tad Albano-- am writing to report on their progress...
These players have been learning a defensive style that involves them changing what they are comfortable with when approached with a dribbler.  I call this breaking down the dribbler.

This kind of defensive technique involves physical contact and a sense of timing and coordination.  Some players will have better luck with it than others, but this style of 1 versus 1 defending is the basis for 2v1, 2v2, and 2v3.
The hard work has paid off, and we will begin this week with moving to 2v2, 2v3, and 3v3. Remind your player that soccer is both hard work and fun, and when they spend time learning the tactics and techniques of the game, they are elevating their thinking, body coordination, and player expectations.  Or just reward them with a pat on the head.

In order to assist your player, I have created the following videos. Please visit Athens Soccer Academy on YouTube with your player and Subscribe to get the rest of the series.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2--Meet Coach Brett--Coach B--Coach Brett Mattson
My name is Brett Mattson and I currently attend Marietta College. I am a sophomore who is currently studying Finance and Sports Management. I am planning on getting my bachelors degree in Finance, and then continuing my education to eventually get my masters and doctorate degree in Sports Management. I aspire to work for Major League Soccer when I'm done with school.

For my playing career, I started playing soccer when I was three years old. I played recreational soccer until I was about 9 years old. My next stage was to play travel soccer. I played for the 95 RVSC Gators under Martin Powney. I played various positions but my primary position was "stopper."
After many successful seasons with my travel team, I moved on to play for Parkersburg South High School under coach Ed Ayers. There, I was a 4 year varsity letterman, and transitioned into playing more of an attacking style. I played forward, along with center attacking mid, and on the wing.
From there on, I went to Marietta where I planned on continuing my soccer career, but based on where I was in my life, I couldn't force myself to play at the competitive level anymore. I wanted to look at the game from a different approach, and that was to teach and develop kids to love and play the game just like I did. I hold countless memories over the years with my teammates and hold bonds that will forever be strong and hard to forget. Some of the guys I played with are still really close with me today, and I hope to pass on the knowledge I have learned over the years to the younger generations.

In my free time, I like to watch and play the game for fun. I enjoy watching my favorite EPL team, Tottenham Hotspur, compete in the best league in the world, and I enjoy being a season ticket holder for the Columbus Crew! I also referee and research the game whenever I can! Coach Tad gave me an excellent opportunity to be able to coach and train the younger generation and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the kids and I enjoy going to training everyday! They make my job enjoyable!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3--Meet Coach Sydney Hill--
 



I start playing soccer when I was 4 years old for a rec league.
I decided to start playing travel soccer for RVSC Wave when I was in 3rd grade and played on that team for 3 years. On this team we won 2 WV state cup championships. In 6th grade I moved to Marietta Club Ohio for better competition. I am now a junior and high school and have lettered all three years. My sophomore year I was honored with WV honorable mention All State team and any Junior year I was honored with first team All State and Midfielder of the Year A/AA. I also started help coach at the elite center my sophomore year with Telma and my junior year with Tad.

4--Optional Tournament Player Opportunity--

 I could use a few players for teams I will enter in Elite's tournament the weekend of February 19 Friday night, Saturday Feb 20, and Sunday Feb 21. This is optional, Cost is $30 to play, and arrangements should be made directly with Tad, Not Elite.

ASA is entering the following teams. If you would like to play, reply to this email along with sending the completed, attached form. 
Under 10 Boys
Under 10 Girls
Under 12 Girls
Under 12 Boys
Under 14 Boys


Tad Albano Referee Walkout Premier Development League

No comments:

Post a Comment